MABM runs Pearson BTEC level 4 – 7 programmes. The programmes are summarised below. The programme details can be found in Course Handbook:
HNC & HND DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS
BTEC Higher National Qualification HNC Level 4 and HND Level 5 have been rationalised under the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) by replacing the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). Each qualification has a level and a credit value with Guided Learning Hours (GLH) allocated to each level.
Edexcel BTEC HNCs (Higher National Certificates) is a level 4 qualification. To get a full qualification a learner must complete a minimum of 120 credits and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH). To fulfill the 120 credits learner has to study certain numbers of unit and each unit have a minimum of 15 credits. It is a standalone course for HNC but has been embedded within the structures of the Edexcel BTEC HNDs (Higher National Diplomas).
Edexcel BTEC HNDs is a Level 5 Qualification under QCF. To get a full HND qualification learner must complete a minimum of 240 credits wherein there should have 960 GLH. The qualifications remain as Intermediate level qualifications on the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ).
If a learner enrols for an HNC they would be eligible to gain a grade for the HNC. If they then move onto an HND, the learner is graded on their HND performance. The grade for the HND will include units from the previously achieved HNC.
If a learner opts to take an HND from the start, then on successful completion of the HND they will receive one grade for the HND achievement only.
If a learner opts to take an HND from the start but later chooses to revert to an HNC programme, then on successful completion of the HNC they will receive a grade for the HNC achievement only. Existing NQF Higher National unit achievements can be counted towards the QCF Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals.
BTEC Level 7 in Strategic Management and Leadership
BTEC Level 7 Professional qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership are designed to provide focused and specialist vocational short courses, linked to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards where appropriate, with a clear work-related emphasis. The qualifications provide short vocational programmes of study that meet the individual needs of learners. There is a strong emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding in the sector. They are particularly suitable for more mature learners who wish to follow a short programme of study that is directly related to their work experience or to an aspect of employment that they wish to move in to in due course. On successful completion of these qualifications, national recognition by employers enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study in the vocational area.
Learners are able to progress across the range of Level 7 qualifications, from Award to Certificate to Diploma to Extended Diploma. These BTEC qualifications also support Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as well as enabling sideways progression to Masters degrees, such as an MBA, or a Level 7 NVQ in Management.
BTEC Professional qualifications are designed to meet a range of different needs. The qualifications offer:
- maximum flexibility with a range of different-sized Level 7 programmes
- the opportunity to certificate smaller blocks of learning designed to motivate learners and encourage widening participation in education and training
- courses that relate to the particular training and employment patterns in a sector
- courses that may offer preparation for specific jobs when in employment
- the opportunity to use a range of delivery methods
- opportunities for learners to develop skills that support career and professional development
- underpinning knowledge, skills and understanding linked, where appropriate, to named NVQs
- programmes that can enable progression either to higher levels of study or to other courses at the same level of study.
Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Award
- The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Award provides an introduction to the skills, qualities and knowledge that may be required for employment in a particular vocational sector.
Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Certificate
- The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Certificate extends the work-related focus from the Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Award and covers some of the knowledge and practical skills required for a particular vocational sector.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Certificate offers an engaging programme for those who are clear about the vocational area they want to learn more about. These learners may wish to extend their programme through a complementary NVQ or study of other related vocational or personal and social development qualifications. These learning programmes can be developed to allow learners to study complementary qualifications without duplication of content.
For adult learners the Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Certificate can extend their knowledge and understanding of work in a particular sector. It is a suitable qualification for those wishing to change career or move into a particular area of employment following a career break.
Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Diploma
- The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Diploma extends the work-related focus from the Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Certificate. There is potential for the qualification to prepare learners for employment in a particular vocational sector and it is suitable for those who have decided that they wish to enter a specific area of work.
Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma
- The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma provides an even broader work-related focus than the Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Diploma and is particularly useful for learners who wish to progress to an MBA or other Masters degree programme.